Senior Systems Administrator/Linux Engineer
Senior Systems Administrator (Linux Engineer)
Seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Administrator/Linux Engineer for a Veterans Affairs Financial Service Center (FSC) project.
· Evaluate systems and upgrades
· Oversee and implement system upgrade strategies
· Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions
· Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate
· Develop and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance
· Responsible for maintaining all server-side Security Certificates to ensure compliance with the FSC’s cyber security policy
· Develop\Document strategies to manage the frequency of installations of the support package releases and patch
· Research\Document current systems technologies and serve as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures
· Responsible for installing and maintaining the Red Hat Linux 6 and 7 server operating systems and various Linux applications and services such as Apache, TomCat, Kerberos, LDAP, MySQL, Satellite Server, Centrify, Java, Pacemaker, Bash, Python, Ansible, and Perl scripting
· Responsible for supporting Oracle database installations/environment and setting up shared storage
· Responsible for the security posture and implementing patches of Linux assets during weekly maintenance windows (off-hours)
· Monitor system maintenance and provide technical recommendations for enhancement
· Coordinate with stakeholders to formulate complex technical solutions. Inform stakeholders of appropriate developments in technical support products
· Provide immediate response to break-fix of Linux assets base on the FSC's Core Business Systems (to include off-hours)
· Thorough understanding and workings of Server protocols including, NTP, SMTP, SFTP, and email routing
· Able to provide technical know-how to internal and external personnel on highly complex system administration and installation processes
· Share knowledge and provide guidance to less experienced personnel
· Thorough understanding and workings of incident handling protocols, personally identifiable information, Server network procedures, and information handling
· Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of Linux systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
· Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must have a VA clearance
· PowerShell scripting experience
· Experience utilizing Ansible and writing Ansible playbooks to handle complex tasks
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred and 5 years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
· 8 years of additional experience as a Senior Systems Administrator may be considered in lieu of a degree
· 4 years of additional experience as an Application Engineer may be considered in lieu of a degree
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.