Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer to support Customer Gateway Services (CGS).
CGS is a suite of systems and services that provide web services and support access to consuming applications. CGS is a service provider of Veteran military service information, Veteran contact information, Veteran demographic data, and benefit and eligibility data.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Define architecture for application components, integration, security, and deployment
· Responsible to work with business analyst team and to convert business requirements into technical specifications and designs
· Participate in Agile software development process: Scrum, sprints
· Experience working with an Application server like Weblogic 12c, ESB like IIB 10, messaging systems like IBM MQ
· Design, develop and maintain SOA Web services (SOAP/REST), Java EE components, IIB Message flows
· Experience working with Spring (including AOP, transaction management, data source, autowiring) , and data access frameworks (ORM) like Hibernate/myBatis
· Develop JUnit (unit testing) framework and SOAP-UI test scripts for web service testing.
· Knowledge of Oracle database and writing DDL and DML queries, packages, triggers, PL/SQL.
· Perform smoke tests in lower environments
· Perform HPE Fortify scan on Java components to identify any code vulnerabilities
· Develop and maintain Mock services to facilitate load testing in a hybrid solution
· Provide support by troubleshooting and resolving production issues
· Good mentoring and communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with business and team members
· Good communication skills to work effectively with team members and other stakeholders
· Familiarity with SOAP UI Pro, Altova Mission Kits (XMLSpy, MapForce), SharePoint/GitHub/Jira
· Subject matter expertise in the following technologies, and methodologies in order to provide required maintenance and enhancements:
- Define WSDL/XSDs for SOAP Web Services
- Java 8 and Java EE technologies - EJB, MDB JMS using Eclipse or any equivalent tool
- Develop SOAP and REST based Web Services/APIs using Java based Web service frameworks like JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Jersey, JSON, JAXB
- Develop and maintain IIB message flows that utilize various IIB nodes like SOAP node, ESQL node, Java Node, DB node, JMS node etc.
- Apply WS Security features like SOAP message encryption/decryption, signing, stamping and use of SAML token assertion
- Work extensively on build, deployment of applications (BAR files) and debug related issues on IBM Integration Bus (IIB) 10
- Work extensively on build, deployment of applications (EAR Files) and debug related issues on Weblogic 12c
- Bridging between WebLogic and IIB to include configuring batch sizes
- Message queuing and retry techniques after message failure in a multi-broker (IIB and WebLogic) environment
- Bindings when using dynamic WSDL returns in a reverse proxy environment using Apache and WebLogic
- Record locking techniques in a clustered, singleton configuration
- Create/update Ant Scripts to build applications
- Work with source control repositories on Git/Github
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Ability to obtain and maintain a VA Clearance
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and eight (8) years or more experience; Eight (8) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of a degree
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.