Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Seeking a highly qualified Senior DevOps Engineer to support Customer Gateway Services (CGS).
CGS is a suite of systems and services that provide web services and support access to consuming applications. CGS is a service provider of Veteran military service information, Veteran contact information, Veteran demographic data, and benefit and eligibility data.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Participate in Agile software development process: Scrum, sprints
· Highly proficient in managing Linux/Unix environments
· Responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading tools like IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM MQ, Weblogic 12c, Apache, JDK 8 on Linux/Unix environments
· Responsible for performance tuning various tools like IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM MQ, Weblogic 12c, Apache, JDK 8 on Linux/Unix environments
· Responsible to work with business analyst team, developer team and plan for the upcoming releases for any deployment requirements
· Responsible for performing release level tasks by building/deploying applications (BAR/EAR file), applying BAR Overrides, configuring Data sources, configuring JMS/MQ queues, JMS Bridges, Logback configuration etc. in lower system environments
· Document all the deployment/configuration steps for a release and coordinate with enterprise team to facilitate release deployments across production and non-production environments as per the release schedules
· Good understanding of configuring SSL certificates and setting up Trust stores in tools mentioned above
· Responsible for coordinating with external teams to resolve any production issues
· Good understanding of SOA Web services built on common Java based Web service frameworks like JAX-WS (Soap), JAX-RS (Rest)
· Knowledge of Oracle database and writing DDL and DML queries, packages, triggers, PL/SQL
· Perform smoke tests in production environment
· Provide support by troubleshooting and resolving production issues
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with business and team members
· Good communication skills to work effectively with internal and external teams
· Familiarity with SOAP UI Pro, Altova Mission Kits (XMLSpy, MapForce), SharePoint/GitHub/Jira
· Subject matter expertise in Linux/Unix environments
· Capable of performing the following:
o Apply monthly system level patches as per the given guidelines
o Configure one way/two way SSL certificates with external systems to help facilitate system to system communication
o Bridging between WebLogic and WebSphere Message Brokers to include configuring batch sizes
o Implementing and maintaining manifests to support management of XML messages in an asynchronous process
o Message queuing and retry techniques after message failure in a multi-broker (WebSphere and WebLogic) environment
o Bindings when using dynamic WSDL returns in a reverse proxy environment using Apache and WebLogic
o Record locking techniques in a clustered, singleton configuration
o Using Introscope workbench features to monitor across a SOA stack
o Build/update Ant Scripts to build applications
o Manage source control repositories in Git/Github
o Coordinate with external teams to run penetration test
o Update System design documents as needed
o Proficient working with Eclipse or any equivalent tool
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Ability to obtain and maintain a VA Clearance
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and eight (8) years or more experience; Eight (8) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of a degree
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.