Manual Software Test Engineer
Manual Software Test Engineer
Seeking a highly motivated Manual Software Test Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team
· Coordinate with developers and functional analysts to create test plans and test scripts in accordance with VA mandated testing documentation standards and templates
· Coordinate with testing stakeholders and other team participants to plan test events
· Lead and conduct testing in accordance with the Master Test Pan specifications that provide tracking, monitoring, and reporting of results
· Manage and assist staff test events with appropriate resources
· Review and approve test reports
· Monitor and update defect and bug reports in the Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) (CA Rally, Jira, etc.)
· Must have experience in the coordination and management of test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures, and scripts
· Experience working in an Application Life Cycle Management Tool (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
· Experience working in a SAFe/Agile environment
· Must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately
· Must be able to create test reports
· Must have experience working in an agile environment
· Must have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks, and specialized environments
· Must have experience writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures
· Must manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service
· Highly motivated and analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
· Ability to take initiative
· Ability and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
· Ability to learn quickly
· Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
· Excellent analytical skills, the ability to integrate information from multiple sources to execute effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance/Public Trust
· Current Security Clearance/Public Trust
· Experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering Management or other Engineering or technical discipline and 5+ years of relevant work experience
· 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.