Proposal Manager/WriterLocation: Washington, DC Area
Location: Washington, DC Area
HigherEchelon is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager/Writer. This position is a critical role in support of increasing business development by leading, writing, and coordinating winning proposals. This position is responsible for managing the writing team, as well as working closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality proposals.
· Write, coordinate, and manage responses to government and commercial solicitations, coordinating the efforts of internal and partner company resources in line with an established process
· Assist Capture and Business Development in determining bid strategies, annual volumes, teaming requirements and cost factors
· Create, write, and revise proposals and materials as required. This includes but is not limited to: Requests for Proposals (RFPs)/Requests for Information (RFIs), IDIQ Task Orders, and single award contracts
· Manage all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission, and coordinate inputs from technical team, management, and finance
· Understand and interpret the technical aspects of an RFP, as well as prepare, review and/or edit RFP/RFI responses
· Support planning and analysis of RFPs, outlining proposals, conducting compliance checks, participating in proposal reviews, and supporting proposal production
· Maintain company past performance/capabilities database and related write-ups
· Ensure all proposals are properly tracked
· Manage proposal communications and amendments
· Ensure compliance to proposal instructions, evaluation criteria, and performance work statement
· Support general technical writing duties (e.g., meeting minutes, action items, agendas, reports, meeting materials, standard operating procedures, policies, guidance documents, and other technical deliverables)
· Continuously evaluate and recommend alternative approaches or ways to improve accuracy of budget, staff and other resource allocation needs
· Provide updates to Executive Team regarding department budget, workload, projected needs and business issues
· Perform solicitation analysis to assist in go/no go decision-making process
· Oversee and/or assist with special projects as assigned
· Extensive understanding of capture plans and proposal development lifecycle processes
· Proven ability to develop deliverables that are compliant with stated instructions and submitted on time
· Ability to develop compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging to communicate and support value proposition
· Ability to interface with all levels of management, proposal teams, SMEs, peers, and teaming partners
· Ability to lead development of graphics that support win themes, solution, and key messaging
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint and MS Outlook
· Demonstrated understanding of winning proposal writing methodologies
· Must be available to work extended hours and weekends (if necessary) in support of proposal schedules and meet tight schedules
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
· Excellent writing skills, with a strong ability to summarize content concisely in a tailored, compelling and persuasive manner
· Highly organized with a strong attention to detail/consistency
· Strong and flexible work ethic
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance
· Knowledge of government contract types, GSA and FAR
· Evidence of successful support to large competitive proposals
· Experience leading teams of proposal writers and subject matter experts to deliver winning proposal content
· Certified proposal training and/or certification
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, English, Communications, Marketing or related field
· 8+ years of federal proposal writing and coordination experience
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.