Cognitive Performance Specialist
Cognitive Performance Specialist
Locations: Ft. Bragg, NC, Ft. Bliss, TX, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), WA, Ft. Drum, NY, Ft. Polk, LA
HigherEchelon is seeking highly motivated Cognitive Performance Specialists (CPSs) to support the Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program. Cognitive Performance Specialists (CPSs) will function as integrated members of a Brigade (BDE)-based multi-disciplinary team focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System. The H2F System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being to optimize individual performance while preventing injury and disease.
· Manage and provide education based on cognitive performance and tailored training programs for individuals and teams
· Attend training exercises and field operations as requested by individual units to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on cognitive performance
· Identify and cultivate existing mental skill sets to assist the Soldier in performing optimally during physical, technical, and tactical training in preparation for combat operations, garrison, and life stressors
· Recognize and address mental barriers to physical performance by focusing on stress and emotional regulation; normalize physiological responses to stress, to include combat situations; conduct tactical breathing and arousal regulation, team cohesion, imagery, and provide cognitive/learning strategies
· Advise the commander on the implementation of cognitive enhancement programs to optimize specific performances
· Experience working with adult clients designing, developing, and providing mental and emotional skills necessary for consistent high performance
· Must be a growth-minded individual who is open to continuous learning and be an active contributor in feedback with peers and supervisors
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience teaching large, small, and individual audiences; ability to work well within a team environment
· Experience with human performance, collective training, training development, and training education
· Must be physically able to hike in austere environments and terrains while carrying a backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (<20% of the time)
· Must be physically able to lift and manipulate loads of weight plates up to 45 pounds
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to pass a Tier 1 background check
· Familiarity with biofeedback tools and techniques
· Military experience is not required but familiarity in military environments or other tactical environments is a plus
· Familiarity with Learning Enhancement techniques, such as study skills, test-taking strategies, and note-taking
· Knowledge of Adult Learning Techniques
· Knowledge or experience with Learning Management Systems
· Knowledge or experience with virtual learning environments and curriculum design tools
· Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology desired
Required Education and Experience:
· Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a mental performance coach or Sport Psychologist with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Collegiate, Olympic, professional sports, and Soldiers.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.