Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach
Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach
Locations: Ft. Bragg, NC, Ft. Bliss, TX, Ft. Drum, NY, Ft. Polk, LA, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), WA
HigherEchelon is seeking highly motivated Lead Strength and Conditioning Coaches (SCCs) for the Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program. The Lead SCCs will act as part of a Brigade (BDE)-based multi-disciplinary team with Cognitive Performance Specialists (CPSs) focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new H2F System. The H2F System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being to optimize individual performance while preventing injury and disease.
As a Lead SCC, you will serve as the Brigade (BDE) Lead SCC and principal advisor to the BDE PD on physical performance optimization. The Lead SCC will assist the BDE in improving Soldier physical readiness by developing, coordinating, executing, and managing recommended and approved strength and conditioning programs.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Developing lines of communication within the BDE and Battalion (BN) leadership
· Developing and recommending evidence-based, periodized strength and conditioning programs focused on unit missions and individual Solider tasks
· Submit recommended strength and conditioning programs to the BDE PD for approval
· Track Soldier/unit progression and provide data to the BDE PD as required
· Coordinate and assist the BDE PD and/or the Injury Control Director to develop, coordinate, and execute approved training programs for Soldiers with physical limitations
· Coach and mentor the BDE SCCs, unit fitness leaders and MFTs
· Must be a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) OR possess a Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) Certification from the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa)
· Must possess a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification
· Interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity to relate to Soldiers from diverse backgrounds
· Experience with Microsoft applications and SharePoint sites
· Must be physically able to hike in austere environments and terrains while carrying a backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (<20% of the time)
· Must be physically able to lift and manipulate loads of weight plates up to 45 pounds
· Strong leadership skills
· Expert written and verbal communication skills
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to pass a Tier 1 background check
Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree from a college or university in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline
· Two years of experience in relevant SCC work within the last five years. Relevant experience is defined as: developing and executing task and environment-specific functional injury control and health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or DoD/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal. Employment related to internships or graduate work is not considered as relevant experience.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.