Cyber Capability Development Technician (CCDT) InstructorLocation: Fort Gordon, GA
Seeking highly motivated Cyberspace Capability Development Technician (CCDT) (170D) Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC) Instructors with education, training, and experience to instruct both advanced computer science theory (taught at the level of a BS in Computer Science) and hands-on practical application of highly technical programming in the cyber domain. Instructor/Writers will be responsible for developing the next generation of Cyber Capability Developer Technicians for the US military.
The United States Army Cyber Center of Excellence (Cyber CoE) and Fort Gordon requires contractor support to instruct a seventy-two (72) week technical training support package for the Cyber School Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), 170D. The government anticipates two (2) iterations of the required seventy-two (72) week curriculum.
The Instructor/Writer personnel will instruct, develop, and maintain the Cyber School WOBC Cyberspace Capability Developer Technician Course 72-week curriculum to TRADOC format requirements (lesson plan template to be provided), and develop/maintain course assessment tools (Exam, Practical Exercise, and Quizzes) where the government will retain ownership of all course material developed/maintained. All instruction and updates associated with this effort shall be in accordance with (IAW) Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) Regulation 350-70, TRADOC Pamphlet 350-70 Series (1-14), TRADOC Pamphlet 525-8-2, Cyber Center of Excellence (CCoE) Regulation 350-22, Army Regulation (AR) 350-1, all applicable regulations, Cyber School Training Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Higher Headquarter guidance. The Contractor shall provide Cyber School WOBC 170D specific training material and instruction as stated in this PWS, IAW paragraph 5.3. This requirement shall provide the U.S. Army Cyber School with a curriculum that facilitates adult learning through modern training techniques, methodologies, and hands-on application of learned skills. Personnel attending this Initial Military Training (IMT) course will receive quality, contemporary training. Personnel shall demonstrate model behavior and professionalism at all times.
The ideal candidate:
· Needs to be highly proficient at developing complex programs in C and Python (2 and 3)
· Needs to have an in-depth knowledge of the theory of computer science and concepts such as algorithms and data structures, operating systems and kernel level programming
· Should be comfortable with concepts such as processes, threads, context switching, user mode/kernel mode, synchronization, IO, CPU Scheduling and their associated algorithms, memory management, and filesystems, and their application to both Windows and *nix development
· Needs to understand assembly and binary analysis, including debugging, decompiling, and disassembling of compiled binaries
· Needs to understand networking at the practical and theoretical level and be able to develop solutions across all levels of the OSI model. He/she should be able to create a compliant implementation from an RFC using C or Python
· Most of all, he/she should be enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge, teaching and facilitating bright and challenging students to become expert developers and cyber specialists
· Possess a favorable T1/National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) at work performance start date and shall maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract
· Be certified as an instructor by a nationally recognized organization, NSA, or TRADOC
· Have the capability to read, write, speak, and understand English
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Possess, at a minimum, two (2) years of direct career field experience, all taking place within the preceding five (5) years
· Have software engineering experience meeting or exceeding the undergraduate level, with expertise in C, Python, x86 assembly, operating systems, theoretical and practical 4 layer networking, algorithms, and computer science theory to develop the required topics:
o Communicating Effectively
o Thinking Logically
o Discrete Math
o Python Programming I
o Python Programming II
o Culminating Event I
o Culminating events test the student’s ability to demonstrate retention of material taught to the point the culminating event occurs within the course. It has a scope of about 60 hours assessed over 80 hours.
o Introduction to C Programming
o Intermediate C Programming
o Culminating Event II
o Data Structures and Algorithms I
o Data Structures and Algorithms II
o Culminating Event III
o Object-Oriented Python
o Culminating Event IV
o Operating Systems
o x86 Assembly Programming
o Culminating Event V
o Network Programming in C
o Network Programming in Python
o Developer Qualification Event
o Introduction to Cryptography
o Organizational Processes
· Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications; typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material (e.g., correspondence, reports, and forms); maintaining records, historical records, survey results, a reference library of training catalogs, regulations, and other miscellaneous publications; establishing and maintaining office functional files and reference files; knowledge management applications (e.g., SharePoint, Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS), and Blackboard)
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.