Cognitive Performance CoachLocation: Goodfellow AFB, Texas
Seeking a highly motivated Cognitive Performance Coach (CPC) to support the Cognitive Enhancement Performance Program (CEPP) at Goodfellow Air Force Base.
CPCs teach performance enhancement techniques and learning enhancement techniques to Service Members and Civilians. Training is conducted in group and individual settings and is built from evidence-based practices of human performance. The training is tailored to specific performances to rapidly acquire and apply necessary mental skills and techniques that cultivate the mental and emotional strength necessary to thrive in an era of overwhelming demands and persistent conflict. Using these principles, CPCs help Service Members to become high performing “tactical athletes” and help foster high performing “unit teams” in preparation for, during, and following combat operations. Specifically, CPCs teach performance psychology to further promote excellence and efficiency during physical, technical, and tactical training, as well as during the challenges of combat operations.
· Attend training exercises and field operations as requested by individual units to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on cognitive performance
· Coach Service Members and Leaders on the acquisition of performance psychology techniques and their application to individual military tasks and unit operations
· Provide tailored educational programs and workshops to help Civilians living and working in demanding environments achieve success and accomplish personal, professional, and family goals
· Recommend improvements to all aspects of CEPP operations
· Perform routine CEPP operational duties
· Conduct needs assessment, assist in program evaluation, and support research projects being conducted locally
· Assist or provide CEPP program overview briefings to VIPs and high-ranking leaders when required
· Develop and maintain professional development relating to all aspects of performance enhancement, academic proficiency, and military- related knowledge
· Provide Learning Enhancement Training to military tech school students in group and individual settings
· Provide Instructor Development Training, with an emphasis on Active Learning Techniques, to military tech school instructors in group and individual settings
· Perform additional duties as required
· Experience working with adult clients designing, developing, and providing mental and emotional skills necessary for consistent high performance
· Must be a growth-minded individual who is open to continuous learning and be an active contributor in feedback with peers and supervisors
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience teaching large, small, and individual audiences; ability to work well within a team environment
· Experience with human performance, collective training, training development, and training education
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret/SCI security clearance
· Familiarity with biofeedback tools and techniques
· Military experience is not required but familiarity in military environments or other tactical environments is a plus
· Familiarity with Learning Enhancement techniques, such as study skills, test-taking strategies, and note-taking
· Knowledge of Adult Learning Techniques
· Knowledge or experience with virtual learning environments and curriculum design tools
· Current Secret or Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Required Education and Experience:
· Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology
· 4-6 years’ experience in a Human Performance Training environment
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.