Junior Management and Program AnalystLocation: Washington, DC Area preferred
Seeking a highly motivated Junior Management and Program Analyst to support analysis and make recommendations concerning the effectiveness and efficiency of large-scale programs and operations. Assists senior project analysts and program managers in support of government contracts. The position supports a government contract providing transition and economic development assistance to service members and veterans transitioning to the private sector.
Qualified candidates are required to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced MS Excel skills, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and excel in verbal and written communications. Candidates must be able to interpret verbal and written instructions and perform duties under supervision.
The selected candidate will be expected to serve as an analyst supporting the achievement of project-specific goals. The analyst will be responsible for preparing presentations, deliverables, spreadsheets, status trackers, and other products in support of project execution. The analyst is expected to be extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel and have experience creating presentations and reports for customers, clients, executives, and stakeholders.
· Develops work products such as deliverables, reports, briefings, project trackers, etc. in support of project objectives
· Extracts insights from programmatic data through in-depth analysis and organization
· Produces automated data tables and models that provide updated metrics upon refresh
· Maintains and champions project standards for data and documentation organization and governance
· Conducts organization studies to assess and analyze current organization states and management systems
· Analyzes program objectives and recommends evaluation methods for the effectiveness and efficiency of large-scale programs and operations
· Conducts gap analysis, regression analyses, surveys, focus groups and other types of data collection
· Supports program analysis, strategic planning, integrated master scheduling, event planning, Congressional Affairs, metrics, Financial Management Systems, and risk management
· Supports tasks related to policy and regulation analysis/development related to a government agency (e.g. identification of alternatives, white paper development, policy review paper, policy directives and handbooks)
· Creates PowerPoint slide presentations which include sophisticated charts, graphics, and templates
· Provides general management and coordination support
· Works in support of Government Program Managers to determine the goals within technical management and works with program resources to refine those goals into executable objectives
· Responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, military, contractors) to accomplish contract goals
· Attends meetings and industry conferences to collect information on relevant transition best practices that add value to the customer
· Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively brief senior-level government stakeholders
· Advanced Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint skills
· Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis using statistical programs and survey software, including Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, and survey tools, (e.g. survey monkey, Qualtrics, survey gizmo, etc.)
· Experience with qualitative data capture mechanisms such as interviews, focus groups, and surveys and structuring such data to make data-based recommendations
· Experience with database management, extraction, and reporting
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Recent analyst or project management experience
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Experience with military transition training and efforts
· Project Management Professional Certification a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Three years or more program analytics experience
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.