Cyberspace Response Assessment InstructorLocation: Fort Gordon, GA
Cyberspace Response Assessment Instructor
Location: Ft. Gordon, GA
HigherEchelon is seeking a highly motivated candidate to support the Cyber School under the CCoE to train the new Cyber Branch/Career Field 17, which includes courses for MOS 17A, 170A, and 17C. The candidate shall provide instructional support and training development for the Cyber School. Personnel supporting the school shall assist and support the CCoE personnel and shall utilize and develop all training related products in accordance with all applicable regulations and SOPs (i.e. TRADOC REG 350-70 with appendices). Instructors will facilitate adult learning through modern training techniques and methodologies and assist in developing Cyberspace Operations (CO) curriculum. The majority of these courses consist of technical Cyber training validated by USCYBERCOM J7, DOD CIO, and the NSA.
Instructor/Writer responsibilities include:
1) Leverage an interactive scenario(s) to evaluate student knowledge and skills attained from previous materials and courses taught within the Army Cyber School; provide real-time feedback and training to overcome assessed deficiencies with student knowledge, skills, or abilities
2) Launch, tear down, operate, and maintain/update the scenario documentation and technical resources including GIT documentation, virtual training area ranges in OpenStack, and provide troubleshooting and support to students for issues related to course content
3) Collaborate with current government personnel to establish acceptable training practices and student evaluation criteria
4) Periodically review classroom training materials such as student handouts, lesson plans, slides, and practical exercises for accuracy and adequacy
5) Obtain and record information regarding modification requirements gleaned from attendance at local meetings and conferences in order to maintain the currency of the courseware and materials
6) Provide a learner-centric learning environment and guide students through course content
7) Curate course material in a manner that encourages students to think creatively to solve complex problems that the students have never seen before
8) Use dynamic techniques that engage students and encourage them to challenge common definitions of cyber and its potential battlespace effects, while fostering a mentality of aggressive self-development
9) Deliver approved instructions to students for each lesson via interactive synchronous and asynchronous learning activities
10) Assist training developers, curriculum managers, and mission customers to design and implement a total training packet that includes creating instructional and evaluation content
11) Assist the Cyber School Training and Education Directorate Team in developing all related training material and training products for the Cyber School curriculum
Required Skills (All of the required skills reference technical expertise over general knowledge, planning, and administrative application):
· Experience with U.S. Army Mission Command and Plan Unified Signal/Military Intelligence/Cyber-Electromagnetic Operations:
o Assess Cyberspace Related Risk
o Integrate Intelligence into Cyberspace Operations
o Employ Cyberspace Defense
o Detecting Indicators of Compromise, Unknown Vulnerabilities, or Anomalous Behavior
o Perform Incident Response and provide Cyber-Threat Indications and Warnings
o Provide a Critical Asset Vulnerability Assessment
o Implement Defensive Cyberspace Operations - Response Actions
o Perform Cyberspace Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Activities
o Perform Cyberspace Operational Preparation of the Environment
o Perform Cyberspace Attack Actions
· Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications; typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material, e.g., correspondence, reports, and forms; maintaining records, historical records, survey results, reference library of training catalogs, regulations and other miscellaneous publications; establishing and maintaining office functional files and reference files; knowledge management applications, e.g., SharePoint, Army training requirements and resources system (ATRRS), and Blackboard
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Possess a final Top Security Clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility at work performance start date and shall maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Experience teaching technical computing concepts at the institutional and/or collegiate level
· Experience contributing in the open-source community. Examples include published tools, reports, publications, repositories, etc.
· Hands-on technical experience installing, operating, and maintaining systems
· Hands-on experience building, managing, troubleshooting, maintaining and securing enterprise-level networks
· Knowledge of Cyberspace Operations and/or experience in the Cyber Domain
· Cloud Computing or Virtualization knowledge and experience
· Scripting and Programming knowledge and experience
· Networking or Software-Defined Networking experience
· Orchestration or configuration management experience
· DevOps or CICD knowledge and experience
· Officer Advanced Course, the Army Cyberspace Operations Planners Course (ACOPC), Joint Cyberspace Operations Planners Course (JCOPC), Joint Advanced Cyber Warfare Course (JACWC), Joint Network Attack Course (JNAC), Joint Staff or Army Special Technical Operations (STO) Planners Course, AFIT Cyber 200 or 300, or alternate/equivalent qualification training for USCYBERCOM Cyber Mission Forces (CMF) teams or industry equivalent cyberspace support. Completion of the Joint Combined Warfighting School, the School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) or industry equivalent courses in combination with one or more of the previously mentioned CEMA or Cyberspace qualification courses is also highly valued
· Graduated the Foundation Instructor/Facilitator Course (FIFC), Faculty Development Program-1 (FDP-1), and Support Cadre Training Course (SCTC)
· Graduated from the Army’s Functional Area 29 Officer Course, 17A Officer Course, 170B Warrant Officer Basic Course, 170A Warrant Officer Advanced Course, 290A Warrant
· Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret Clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility at work performance start date and shall maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred degrees include: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
· In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 3 (three) additional years of experience with U.S. Army Mission Command and Plan Unified Signal/Military Intelligence/Cyber-Electromagnetic Operations
· Have 2 (two) years of experience, within the last 5 (five) years, employing mission command procedures for crisis, incident, and emergency situations
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.