Entry Level Java Android DeveloperLocation: Huntsville, AL
Seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Java Android Developer to support a new development team creating user information solutions for experimental aircraft PVI by developing, implementing, and maintaining Android Java-based components and interfaces.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop an Android Java-based application
· Develop and test Java Android applications, including UI and core functionality
· Deploy beta version of aircraft PVI wire screens
· Ability to understand and implement back-end API integration
· Identify bugs, user experience issues, and functionality problems
· Create a proof of concept (POC) Android application for production
· Understand the Software Development Cycle
· Understand Object-Oriented Designs
· Design and develop user interfaces based on provided wire-frames
· Understands how to write test unit code in Android
· Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
· Take ownership of his/her work as a highly motivated self-starter
· Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a small team environment
· Java, Android SDK, XML, SQL
· Familiar with Agile SCRUM
· Some familiarity with Android NDK preferred but not required.
· Experience with Java Unit Testing on Android
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline is desired
· Demonstratable work experience (4+ years) may be used in lieu of degree
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.