DOL TAP Senior Training Facilitator
DOL TAP Senior Training Facilitator
Locations: NS Great Lakes, IL, Fort Leonard Wood, MO, Whiteman Air Force Base, MO, Minot Air Force Base, ND, Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND, Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD, Hill Air Force Base, UT, Mountain Home Air Force Base, ID, Offutt Air Force Base, NE
Seeking a highly motivated Department of Labor (DOL) Transition Assistance Program (TAP) Senior Training Facilitator.
The DOL TAP Senior Training Facilitator will provide Transitioning Service Members (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment. This includes job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools.
The DOL TAP Senior Training Facilitator will also mentor new facilitators, allowing them to observe instruction. In addition, Senior Training Facilitators may assist new facilitators by team teaching and providing guidance and feedback.
- Ability to guide military Transitioning Service Members (TSMs) in developing their individual goals to ensure successful civilian careers
- Ability to work well with TSMs and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Facilitate all DOL courses identified as needing a Senior Facilitator
- Mentor new facilitators
- Previous experience which demonstrates understanding of public and private sector employment processes
- Previous experience as a TAP classroom instructor or career counselor
- Up to 50% travel time should be expected
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be comfortable instructing and speaking in front of a group
- Must be observant of others, possess the ability to engage an audience, and respond to inquiries independently
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Must be flexible and adaptable. Work at times will require extended hours, including weekdays, weekends, and some holidays, generally anticipating and addressing emerging requirements under changing and constrained timelines
- Former Service Member or Spouse preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, any discipline from an accredited college or university and at least 3 years of TAP training experience
- Associate’s degree, any discipline from an accredited college or university and at least 5 years of TAP training experience
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.