Cyber Targeting InstructorLocation: Fort Gordon, GA
Seeking a highly motivated Cyber Targeting Instructor.
The Army recently established the Cyber School under the CCoE to train the new Cyber Branch/Career Field 17, which includes courses for MOS 17A, 170A, and 17C. Army Cyber School training includes Career Field 17’s (Cyber Operations) Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC), Captain’s Career Course (CCC), Operations Officer Course (OOC), Advanced Individual Training (AIT), Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), Warrant Officer Advanced Course (WOAC), and other Cyberspace Operations courses as determined by the Army Cyber Commandant. The majority of these courses consist of technical cyber training validated by USCYBERCOM J7, DoD CIO, and the NSA.
The candidate shall provide instructional support and curriculum development for the Cyber Effects Applications Course (CEAC) focusing on the integration of Cyber Operations through the Joint Targeting Cycle and enabling target analysts supporting Cyber Mission Force work roles the requisite skills to develop targets IAW CJSI standards. The target audience for the course includes Interagency or Joint Cyber Mission Force personnel supporting and/or augmenting cyber operations-integrated planning elements. Personnel supporting the school shall assist and support the CCoE personnel and shall utilize and develop all training related products IAW all applicable regulations and SOPs (i.e. TRADOC REG 350-70 with appendixes). Instructors will facilitate adult learning through modern training techniques and methodologies and assist in developing Cyberspace Operations (CO) curriculum. The candidate will provide technical instructional support to the Cyber School that includes fostering self-development, platform instruction, assessing student performance, maintaining training resources, developing training schedules, managing exams, administering exercises, conducting student assessments, and assisting students with developing, preparing, and practicing presentations.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Have graduated from Senior Leader Course, Captain’s Career Course, or Warrant Officer Advance Course
- Have served as a Targeting Officer or NCO or in a similar leadership role of a battalion or higher element
- Have 2+ years of prior military service at the E8 – E9 / CW3 / O3 - O6 level serving as a Chief of Fires / Joint Fires Officer / FSCOORD above division level
- Have 1+ years of prior military service at the E8– E9 / CW3 / O3 - O6 level serving as a Chief of Targets in support of a JTF and/or CCMD
- Have 2 + years of recent individual and collective training as an OTDA or Fire Support Planner defined in USCYBERCOM’s J7 Joint Cyberspace Training and Certification Standards (JCT&CS). The JCT&CS codifies the USCYBERCOM processes and procedures for development of individual certification and training standards
- Have 2+ years of service (military/civilian/contractor) conducting Cyberspace Operations (CO) within the CMF, Joint Force Headquarters- Cyber (JFHQ-C), Operational Planning Team (OPT), Joint Cyber Center (JCC) supporting or enabling USCYBERCOM, or service component cyber commands directly supporting a CCMD/JTF Headquarters
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess a final Top Security Clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility at work performance start date and shall maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications; typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material, e.g., correspondence, reports, and forms; maintaining records, historical records, survey result, reference library of training catalogs, regulations and other miscellaneous publications; establishing and maintaining office functional files and reference files; knowledge management applications, e.g., SharePoint, Army training requirements and resources system (ATRRS), and Blackboard
- Have graduated the Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) or Foundation Instructor Facilitator’s Course (FIFC), or Common Faculty Development Instructor Course (CFD-IC) and, Faculty Development Program-1 (FDP-1), and Support Cadre Training Course (SCTC)
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating Computer Science or related field (e.g., General Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Information Assurance, Information Security, or Information Systems
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 3 (three) additional years of experience in the above areas
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.