Senior Technical Proposal WriterLocation: Washington, DC/Remote
HigherEchelon Inc., is seeking a Senior Technical Proposal Writer to lead the development of proposal content. The selected candidate will have a strong understanding of the Federal and DoD markets and have the skills required to own and develop compliant and compelling technical proposal volumes. The responsibilities of this role include presenting technical solutions to internal and external executive level stakeholders, in a persuasive and convincing way. To be successful, the candidate will have a firm understanding of HigherEchelon’s core capabilities, have strong writing skills, and be able to work well in a dynamic, small business environment.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership experience, the ability to perform well under pressure, possess a can-do attitude, and be able to solve difficult problems. The successful candidate must have experience supporting multiple proposals concurrently, be detailed oriented, and thrive on developing a winning product, as well as, a commitment and willingness to help grow our business.
Responsibilities and Requirements
· Analyze and decompose Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Task Orders, and Sources Sought notices to understand the customers’ technical requirements
· Collaborate with Business Development, Solutions Architect, business partners and subject matter experts to develop innovative technical approaches, sound technical solutions, incorporate win themes, and articulate discriminators
· Serve as the technical volume lead by developing or integrating content from multiple sources; coordinating with the Proposal Manager(s) and other assigned proposal resources; identifying and communicating risks associated with the opportunity and/or response
· Conduct or support proposal reviews with internal and external stakeholders
· Ensure absolute compliance with solicitation requirements and criteria for evaluation
·Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal databases/repositories
· Obtain feedback from internal and external stakeholders as “lessons learned” and effectively leverage that information for future proposals efforts
· Support the development and maintenance of the proposal content library and related documentation to include capability statements, white papers, past performances, management plans, and other related proposal content
Required Experience and Skills:
· Ability to breakdown the RFx requirements, successfully integrate win themes and discriminators
· Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
· Ability to work independently, as well as, within a team to develop compelling technical proposal materials
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to clearly articulate technology concepts to technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
· Ability to interview and work with subject matter experts to acquire knowledge of subject matter
· Ability to develop graphic concepts to illustrate and clarify subject matter
· Experienced with MS Office products such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and others
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Ability to leverage existing content, tailor to meet RFx requirements and produce high-quality proposals in accordance with tight deadlines
· Must have flexibility to work overtime and weekends as needed
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree; technical discipline preferred
· 2-3 years of proposal writing experience
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.