Intermediate Software EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Software Engineer to support a new development team creating user information solutions for the military, implementing, and maintaining Java-based components and interfaces.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop Java-based applications
· Develop and test Java applications, including UI and core functionality
· Identify bugs, user experience issues, and functionality problems
· Familiarity with Git code repository
· Understand the Software Development Cycle
· Understands Object-Oriented Designs
· Ability to write test unit code in Java
· Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
· Take ownership of his/her work as a highly motivated self-starter
· Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a small team environment
· Working knowledge of .NET development
· Understanding of a cross-platform application
· Familiarity with Agile development process
· Experience with UNIX/Linux
· Solid problem solving and communication skills
· Up to 10% travel required
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance; Interim Secret clearance required prior to start
· Some familiarity with C#, JavaFX, Xamarin
· Experience with task tracking systems such as Jira
· Development operations experience (i.e. Upgrading build tools)
· Current active Secret security clearance
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline plus 2 years’ experience is desired
· Demonstratable work experience (4+ years) may be used in lieu of a degree
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.