Change Management ConsultantLocation: Washington, DC Area
Change Management Consultant
Location: Washington, DC area
Seeking a highly motivated Change Management Consultant to support a large government program. The ideal candidate will work with a project team of program managers, change management and organizational effectiveness specialists, and marketing managers, leading the design and implementation of a robust Organizational Change Management strategy. The candidate must possess high emotional intelligence and a commitment to address difficult issues with both tact and directness. The Change Management Consultant will play a key role in executing a change management plan by addressing technological, people, and process changes that will be adopted by a large workforce. This candidate will focus on identifying key change agents, assist with communication plans/strategies, and support a roll-out schedule to drive key changes. The primary responsibility will be supporting change management strategies and plans that maximize staff adoption and usage with minimal resistance. The candidate will work to drive faster adoption, higher utilization of and proficiency with the change management plan.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Partner with a 5 person change management team on the development of change management strategies, supporting full life-cycle deployment efforts from assessment to implementation to sustainment
- Contribute to training, and assist project teams to increase the adoption of new systems and initiatives
- Participate in data evaluation methodologies to measure behavior change, attitudes towards changes, and performance improvement
- Engage with government executives to understand and document the future state vision for the organization
- Analytical skills and the ability to experience with project planning on optimal sequencing and phasing within the project plan
- Experience in developing and executing comprehensive organizational change management, communications, and engagement strategies
- Demonstrated experience in learning needs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word)
- Background in statistical analysis and survey development
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Persona Journey mapping
- Prosci Change management certified
- Business development experience in related specialty areas (i.e. proposal development, sales, etc.)
- Strong client relationship building experience with a successful track record helping to grow and deliver add-on business opportunities
- Experience managing small teams
- Experience working on government contracts or with DoD
- Salesforce experience
- Experience working on cross-functional and remote teams
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Minimum (3) years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with expertise in change management and organizational development
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.