Senior Unreal ProgrammerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Seeking a highly motivated Senior Unreal Programmer. In this position you will become a member of a new development team primarily focused on developing serious games and training applications.
We use the phrase “serious games” to describe a variety of applications which use gaming technologies or mechanics for a purpose other than strictly entertainment. You will be a key member of an agile scrum development team working closely with fellow programmers, game designers, subject matter experts, and artists on prototyping an experimental UI/UX system for near-future flight platforms using VR, hand and eye tracking, and hardware-in-the-loop systems.
Responsibilities and Requirements
· Interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop an application using the Unreal 4 game engine
· Develop an application in a VR environment utilizing non-traditional input (eye and hand tracking, HOTAS)
· Take charge of larger systems in the codebase and mentor junior developers
· Contribute creatively to the application design and development process, from prototype to delivery
· Develop and test code, fix bugs, profile and optimize code
· Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
· Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
· Write efficient code with descriptive comments and maintain attention to detail
· Take ownership of his/her work as a highly motivated self-starter
· Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a small team environment
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency with the Unreal 4 Engine (C++), 3 or more years
· Experience with version control software (Perforce, Git etc)
· Experience leading a team of Software Developers, preferably on an Unreal 4 Project
· Experience in other Game Engines (Unity, VBS, etc)
· Experience with AR/VR platforms (HTC Vive, Oculus, ARKit, Hololense, etc)
· Experience implementing Hand and Eye Tracking solutions
· Experience with the life cycle of design and programming of training content from concept through project completion
· Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
· A portfolio with examples of past work is preferred
Education and Experience:
· At least 3-6 years of experience as an Unreal Programmer
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Game Programming, or related technical discipline is desired
· Demonstratable work experience (4+ years) may be used in lieu of degree
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.