Web DeveloperLocation: Huntsville, Alabama
Seeking a highly motivated Web Designer / Developer to support the Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate. The selected candidate will work closely with fellow web developers, game designers, and artists in a dynamic development environment to help implement new features for existing and new interactive websites. Primary responsibilities will be to create user experiences and design interfaces from concept to production for new and existing sites as well as other interactive mediums; work closely with creative and production teams to both implement, suggest and experiment with new ways to use web technologies while enforcing and maintaining strict coding standards; create project documentation, generate software and technical requirements, as well as wire frames demonstrating concept flow and interactivity. The candidate must be able to manage and meet assigned project and task schedules, engineer website pages and applications to match functionality requirements and final design comps, and manage multiple content resources from producers, designers, and copy editors.
· Solid grasp of full-stack web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to database solutions
· Understanding of UI, Web User Interface Design (UI), cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards
· Ability to create requirements specifications, design documentation, and other technical documentation where applicable
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
· Experience with Scrum/Agile process
· Experience with Saas
· Experience with Perforce and Git
· Experience with AWS or other cloud-based network infrastructures (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
· Accreditation/Certifications for AWS is a plus
· Responsive design with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
· Game design experience is a plus
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline.
· Experience (6+ years) may be used in lieu of degree.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.