Salesforce Scrum Master / Project Manager
Scrum Master / Project Manager
Location: Washington DC Area or Remote
Seeking a highly motivated Scrum Master / Project Manager to support our rapidly growing Salesforce practice.
The Scrum Master/Project Manager manages small to large enterprise-level projects that have department or enterprise-level importance, moderate to high risk and risk interdependencies, several interrelationships, and moderate to high costs associated with delivery. The Scrum Master supports projects of major complexity as part of a program team in support of higher-level project or program managers.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is a leading provider of IT management consulting services and cloud solutions to both Government and Commercial customers. The Salesforce practice within HigherEchelon focuses on offering full range of planning, implementation and operations of Salesforce-based systems. Our project teams work with our customers to quickly solve mission-critical problems by identifying, designing, and implementing Salesforce solutions to improve their strategies and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Organizes and leads the project team through the entire project life cycle.
· Works with business and technology teams to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
· Conducts project estimate sessions with project stakeholders to drive project estimates and challenges estimates where appropriate to ensure accurate effort estimates by functional areas.
· Creates and maintains a detailed project plan for all aspects of the project based on delivery methodology and project impacts utilizing standard templates and partnering with management and the delivery team to secure tasks and dates
· Manages project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget.
· Creates and manages the artifacts required for governance approval for medium to large-scale projects.
· Establishes and actively manages all project and key stakeholder expectations and relationships
· Manages deliverables from all functional teams ensuring they meet the defined timeline and quality based on project guidelines
· Deploys project management principles and techniques to establish and maintain control of the project.
· Tailors the use of specific project management techniques to each assignment (e.g. emphasizing risk management, or change management).
· Reports status to the management team, and escalates changes, issues, risks for resolution as needed.
· Collaborates with management to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget.
· Achieves project objectives in conformance with HigherEchelon project management methodologies and standards.
· Responsible for supporting all release management activities
· Facilitate Agile ceremonies: daily scrums, story grooming, sprint planning, stakeholder demos and retrospectives
· Manage release deployment activities
· Coaching and providing guidance to product owner on user story creation
· Track impediments and do whatever is necessary to remove them
· Track and manage dependencies (internal/external)
· Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in managing or working on projects across multiple departments using an SDLC methodology and Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge and/or experience with multiple Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pair Programming, Automated Testing.
- Experience with application and/or systems implementations or upgrades.
- Certifications such as PMP, Six Sigma Green Belt or LEAN.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Industry work experience in Government environments a plus
- Washington D.C. area applicants preferred
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.