508 Compliance Tester/Accessibility SpecialistLocation: Washington Area, DC
The 508 Compliance Tester/Accessibility Specialist serves as a source of expertise concerning Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Compliance standards. The ideal candidate will educate project team members about Section 508 standards and the use of accessibility tools. The 508 Specialist’s primary responsibility will be directly testing virtual learning products to ensure compliance with applicable standards and identifying/resolving any known violations across content modalities (e.g., video, pdf, interactive content).
- Tagging and remediating training documents in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office Suite for accessibility and compliance to Section 508
- Identifying issues and recommending potential solutions and best practices from remediating accessibility violations within web-based training materials, e.g., video, interactive content
- Explaining to client’s what processes were used for remediation
- Testing web, software, and eLearning applications using accessibility testing tools
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience certifying Section 508 compliance and accessibility
- Extensive knowledge of 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance tools and testing procedures
- Experience with testing and remediating all types of files, such as Microsoft Office files, PDF's, and videos
- Experience using screen reader software, e.g. JAWS
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work with teams to overcome obstacles
- Must be able to obtain VA Clearance
- DHS Trusted Tester Certification
- Experience working with federal agencies on government contracts
- Current VA Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience required
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.