Cyber Security EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Cyber Security Engineer – ICOFT
Seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to support the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) in continuation of the Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) sustainment and development of the Radar Training Device (RTD).
The ICOFT provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components. The ICOFT replicates the tactical system environment and supports training of the TFCC, Radar, and Launcher tactical software.
· Responsible for analyzing the THAAD Training Devices for Computer System (CS) requirements
· Implement IAVA updates, vulnerability management and reporting for the projects.
· Support ICOFT system administration staff at both S3I lab and fielded site (Fort Sill, OK).
· Ensure that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure.
· Provide security subject matter expertise at all engineering, change, configuration control or equivalent meetings.
· Evaluate CS architecture and current hardware and Operating System limitations.
· Ensures there is an acceptable level of risk for the configuration of the system to meet the following Cyber Security and Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies and guidelines: DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2, DoDI 8510.01, DoD 8570.01-M, AR 25-2, NIST SP800- 53, and Army Best Business Practices.
· Run scans using ACAS and SCAP to determine current security posture of the system.
· Use eMASS to support the RMF process.
· Work with customer cyber security team to maintain the RMF package and current Authority to Operate (s).
· Maintain the Vulnerability Management Plan and required artifacts/documentation under RMF.
· Coordinate with all CS roles (ISSO, ISSM, etc.) as required to maintain ATO.
· Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
· Conduct analysis, evaluation, and recommendations designed to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the customer's security program.
· Work closely with the System Administrators in the S3I Lab and at field site for reporting and compliance and continuous security monitoring.
· Provide inputs as needed for the monthly DoD scorecard update.
· Conduct RMF Maintenance for the ICOFT ATO.
· Monitor IAVM website for new IAV Alerts (IAVA).
· Integrate with test team activities, software development activities, and system engineering to have full understanding of the ICOFT security posture.
· Develop a Cyber Security maintenance plan.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in related field and five (5) years’ experience.
- Experience with RMF and eMASS
- Ability to work effectively with the project’s technical team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent
- DoDD 8570 Certified
- Current Secret Security Clearance
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco server certificate
- Windows 10 certified
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.