Visual Effects (VFX) ArtistLocation: Huntsville, Alabama
Seeking a highly motivated Senior Visual Effects (VFX) Artist to join HigherEchelon
Destruction, explosions, and weapons effects are not just an accent to our game but are a star feature. You will work with a team of technical and animation experts tackling the challenge of creating amazing destructive content.
You must be creative, talented, and motivated with AAA experience solving complex particles, physics, and animation scenarios. As the senior VFX artist, you have an aptitude for critical thinking. You are fearless in creativity and you are extremely well-versed in real-time particle systems and creating cutting-edge destructive elements. You are eager to tackle the challenges of the ever changing landscape of VFX and unafraid to seek and create new solutions. You are also a team player who is organized with excellent communication skills. All candidates must have a portfolio/reel to be considered. Blow us away.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in art, game development, animation or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a modeling, technical art, or animation role in video game development.
- 3+ years of experience as a VFX artist using particles, physics systems, and rigid/soft body simulation to create explosions, weapons effects, fire, smoke and all manner of destructible assets.
- Mastery of Maya, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
- High efficiency in Houdini, After Effects, and supporting tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with Artists, Designers, and Technical Artists.
- Creatively solve technical and optimization issues that arise.
- Work with art and design leads to make our game more immersive through destruction.
- Ability to assist with other art tasks, including lighting 2d, 3d, modelling, texturing or concept tasks.
- Experience with one or more scripting / programming languages.
- Understanding of real-time physics systems.
- Basic knowledge of rigging, skinning, and key-frame animation.
- Traditional art and animation skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.