Software Safety EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama
Software Safety Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL, US
HE is seeking to fill a Software Safety Engineer position. This position will be located at the customer's facility at the U.S. Army Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
The Software Safety Engineer performs a variety of software safety tasks and analyses, either independently or under supervision. This position is expected to provide software safety expertise in support of multiple systems in the precision fires and battlefield systems domains. The Software Safety engineer attends regular meetings of project teams and prepares, reviews, and updates a number of software safety-related documents required for the project. The selected candidate will apply software system safety analysis techniques and will document how software safety is conducted as part of an overall system safety program.
RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in the design and development of military systems
- Review and evaluation of user needs documents, system specifications, and design documents
- Prepare and/or update system safety and software safety program plans
- Perform and/or prepare Functional Hazard Assessments (FHAs), software criticality assessments, safety significant function lists, level of rigor task identification, safety requirements hazard analyses, and Safety Assessment Reports (SARs)
- Able to work with system and software development teams to identify applicable software safety requirements and ensure they are being met
- Provide technical guidance on software safety techniques to team members
- Participate in integrated product teams (IPTs), software design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews, as appropriate
- Experience-based understanding of software safety practices
- Experience-based knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodologies, processes and products requirements, design, code, and test
- Software safety program requirements (MIL-STD-882 and Joint Software System Safety Engineering Handbook); experience with AMCOM Regulation 385-17 and AMRDEC Software Engineering Directorate (SED) processes considered a plus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science with 10+ years of overall related experience. Additional training, certification, and/or experience may be considered if the applicant has a science or technical degree other than in engineering or computer science.
- Working knowledge of software engineering, experience with software development/lifecycle processes, ability to read multiple software languages (Java, C++, C#)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is a plus
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.