Systems AdministratorLocation: Huntsville, AL
Location: Huntsville, AL, US
This individual will be a Systems Administrator supporting information system components, infrastructure integration, and maintenance to satisfy architectural and business requirements in support of the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I). The candidate will also monitor network performance, security, and troubleshoot problems as they occur.
- Monitor systems performance and maintain operations
- Control access to systems
- Update, configure, build, and maintain systems and support infrastructure
- Record, troubleshoot, and solve issues identified by users
- Work with other engineers on requirements development, system architecture and system design
- Execute field operations support for customer event activities
- Must have Windows Server OS and Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Experience with administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012)
- Understanding of modern TCP/IP networking fundamentals for local area networks
- Experience with patching and deploying software products and updates using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and System Center components
- Experience with deploying, managing, and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Experience with Virtual Machines and hardware virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Familiar with system imaging processes and software (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Acronis)
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Experience with Multifactor Authentication and PKI
- Experience building systems
- Experience maintaining a Windows Domain environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a U.S. Secret security clearance
- Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) systems: Host-Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Understanding of backup/DR technologies and storage systems
- Experience with STIG processes
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledgeable on use of NetScout products
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL components
- Familiar with Microsoft IIS
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, MIS, or Experience (6+ years) of information systems engineering and design may be used in lieu of degree.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) organizational performance consulting firm with offerings in Engineering, Gaming & Simulation, Cyber Training, Salesforce, Enterprise Technology, and Human Capital. HigherEchelon aims to be the premier trusted partner in organizational excellence and achieves this through sustained investment in talent and the employee experience. HigherEchelon puts the employee first to better serve customer needs and sustain excellence.
HigherEchelon offers competitive full-time benefits including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, full health/dental/vision coverage, plus much more. For on-site and remote employees, flexible work schedules are offered when authorized.
By joining our team, you are choosing to embark on a journey towards excellence as a valued team member and trusted partner. We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.